Galvanizing Reasons / Benefits
As a measure to protect from corrosion hot galvanizing has many benefits, some of them are:
- Galvanizing has low initial cost and long life the most economical way to protect steel for long periods of time.
- life expectance of hot dip galvanizing coating on typical structural members is far in excess of years in most rural environment and 25-20 years in urban and costal exposure.
- Galvanizing is faster than painting, and elimination of site painting can save.
- It has no effect on mechanical properties of galvanizing structural steel.
- Ease of inspection as the galvanized coating thickness is controlled automatically by steel thickness a standard minimum coating mass results.
- Every part of galvanized articles is protected even recesses, sharp corners and inaccessible areas.
- Galvanizing coating has a unique metallurgical structure, which gives outstanding resistance mechanical damage in transport, erection and service.